Permission Form for Student Access to a Computer Network, Services, and Internet
In conjunction with our school curriculum, your child will have access to computer resources. The school district will not release any personally identifiable information without prior written consent from you as a parent or guardian. If you wish to rescind this agreement, you may do so at any time in writing by sending a letter to the principal of your child’s school and such rescission will take effect upon receipt by the school.
Acceptable Use Policy Guidelines
The school’s District Board of Education now can offer supervised Internet access to its students and staff. The Internet offers rich opportunities to gather information, share resources, and collaborate with others throughout the world. Along with this capability come responsibilities for each student. Each student MUST act responsibly and accept responsibility for their actions. Students MAY NOT at any time access inappropriate sites on the Internet.
A single violation of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in loss of computer access for the marking period and a failing grade in the computer for the said marking period. A second violation of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in loss of computer access for the entire school year and a failing mark in a computer class for the year. Students and parents are required to read, discuss, and sign the enclosed policies.
By signing this document, you are allowing %child_first_name% %child_last_name% to access the Internet in the School. Students must follow the guidelines listed below:
Acceptable computer uses:
- Act as a representative of my school, showing everyone that I can act responsibly;
- Follow all the instructions my teacher gives, and stay only in the areas he/she suggests to me;
- Use the Internet as a learning tool to help me discover my world;
- Actively use the information I find on the Internet in my learning;
- Treat people I “meet” on the Internet with respect;
- Close the screen and tell my teacher IMMEDIATELY when I see something that is inappropriate or makes me feel uncomfortable;
- Be aware that there are consequences for choosing not to follow the Internet rules.
Unacceptable computer uses:
- Using other’s passwords or giving others access to your password;
- Trespassing in other folders, work, or messages;
- Using obscene language;
- Harassing, insulting, or attacking others;
- Sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures;
- Damaging computers, computer systems, or computer networks;
- Visiting unauthorized and inappropriate websites, home email accounts or personal websites;
- Purposefully wasting computer time and limited resources;
- Unauthorized use of flash drives, computer disks from home unless approved by the school district personnel.
Please check the appropriate box or boxes: