Parental Consent Form For Youth Volunteers
The school recognizes the role of youth volunteers in societal development. It is for this reason that the organization has included in its program young and willing volunteers to help in the organization’s volunteer work. However, the organization also follows strict measures to ensure the safety of its volunteers. This includes that volunteers who are under 18 years of age and are not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian are required to bring a signed waiver form prior to or on the day of the volunteer project. Without it, the minor will not be able to volunteer. A parent or legal guardian of each minor must read and agree to the following:
- That, by signing this form, I, the parent or legal guardian, consent to the child’s participation in the volunteer activities organized by the school.
- That, the parents understand that the child will be provided with orientation and training necessary for the safe and responsible performance of the volunteer duties and will be expected to meet all requirements of the position, including compliance with the policies and procedures.
- That, the parents know beforehand that the child will receive no monetary compensation for this work.
- That, the parents will inform the teacher of the child’s existing medical condition that may restrict the child from volunteering.
- That, the parents have understood that there may be inherent risks associated with volunteer activities, including but not limited to physical injuries and death, and will not hold the school and its staff accountable or liable for any of these that unintentionally result from the child’s participation, or that arise during the time spent volunteering due to any underlying physical condition.
- That, the parents having understood the preceding rules would still willingly allow his or her child to volunteer.
To recognize and celebrate the great work of our volunteers, we occasionally post
photographs on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter), on our website, or in print materials. Please let us know your preference by checking the appropriate line on the options below.
I give permission for %child_first_name% %child_last_name% to participate in the school’s volunteer program.
Emergency Contact/Relationship :
Emergency Phone # :