Laptop Checkout Contract
We are pleased to inform you that we have provided laptops for your children’s educational needs. Also, we made it possible for them to bring this laptop at home, if necessary. We understand that nowadays, resources on the Internet add valuable knowledge to your children. However, we also consider that along with this is the inherent risk that is involved whenever one is using the internet.
Because of this, we provided certain guidelines for the proper use of these resources as well as rules that should be followed so that your child can surf the internet securely. Kindly keep these guidelines in mind before signing this form.
Acceptable Use Rules
- The laptop is an educational tool and should be used in that capacity only.
- The student is responsible for the laptop at all times.
- The laptop should not be used to copy, download, and share copyrighted materials without legal permission.
- The student is the only authorized user of the assigned laptop. Never share or swap laptops with another student. Each user should keep his/her password confidential.
- Any beverages should not be placed near the laptop.
- Only use a soft cloth when cleaning the screen.
- Do not mark the laptop in any way with markers, stickers, etc.
- Do not remove University labels or asset tags.
- Do not insert foreign objects into the openings of the laptop.
- Laptops must be daily brought to school with a fully charged battery.
Internet Use Rules
- Students agree to adhere to the Internet Use Policy signed at the beginning of the school year.
- The laptop issued to students is a University property and all content is under strict monitoring. Any illegal content found in the laptop will be reported to the authorities.
- School staff has the right to check the student’s laptop at any time.
Home Use Rules
- Students are responsible for the care of their laptops.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to interact with their children about his/her work on the laptop.
- Laptops must be recharged before returning to school.
- Laptops with power cords must be carried to school every day inside the laptop bag.
- Whenever a laptop is stolen, the police and the school office must be notified immediately for the laptop to be traced and disabled.
- Parents are responsible for the replacement cost of lost laptops, power cords as well as school-issued laptop backpacks.
Parental Consent and Authorization
I fully understand my responsibilities as a parent/guardian. I am giving consent for %child_first_name% %child_last_name% to checkout the school’s laptop. Violation of the policies will be subject to loss of use of the laptop as well as other disciplinary consequences as addressed in the Internet Usage Policy.